ASIFR - Tales of Iron
The following is a break down of how your characters build points are spent. This will be used, not the version in the core rules.
You have 50 initial character points to spend though a potential maximum of 67 if you take some risks.
OR, you can opt to roll all stats.
- INTELLIGENCE / MEMORY
- AURA (Sorcery / Magic…no effect on divine powers)
- Sun Sign (Cost of 3 CPs)
- Born on the Cusp (Cost of 2 Extra CPs)
APPEARANCE – See fuller notes at end of page
- HEIGHT (+3 or 0 or –3) CP spend or gain – Or choose to roll
- FRAME: (+4 or +2 or 0 or -2 or -4) CP spend or gain – Or choose to roll
- WEIGHT: Is Set by height and frame.
PERSONALITY / ISSUES / OPTIONS
- Medical Roll Before Character Creation :: +1 CP / Roll (Max 3 Rolls)
- Medical Roll After Character Creation :: +2 CP / Roll (Max 3 Rolls)
- Open a New Skill :: 2 CPs
- Increase an open skill :: 3 CPs
Attributes hit by a medical roll* can not* be increase by the CP gained or by any other medical roll CP gain. If your strength gets hit, it’s a permanent hit.
ROLLED CHARACTER BENEFIT
IF a character is 100% Rolled Then you get 5 Development Points to spend as follows. (Plus any Dev Points you gained from taking rolls on the medical table)
- Medical Roll Before Character Creation :: +1 DP / Roll (Max 3 Rolls)
- Medical Roll After Character Creation :: +2 DP / Roll (Max 3 Rolls)
- Open a New Skill at OML+1 :: 1 DP
- Increase an open skill :: 2% / DP Spend. Max 3 Per Skill
WHAT IS ALWAYS ROLLED / PICKED
- Morality is Picked
- Deity is Picked
- Initial piety Points are rolled
- If you did not pick a sun sign, it is rolled for.
- Endurance is a derived stat.
- Dodge is a derived skill and may be trained.
- Initial Money is a derived value
NOTES READ FIRST
Set all seven Key attributes to an initial score of eight (8) plus/minus any applicable racial modifiers. Max stat is 18. Cost to change as follows
- Decrease :: 1 for 1 Gain (nothing lower than 6)
- Increase 8 to 15 :: 1 for 1 Gain to be spent only on Key attributes
- Increase to 16 (from 15) :: Costs 2
- Increase to 17 (from 16) :: Costs 3
- Increase to 18 (from 17) :: Costs 4
Set all seven Physical attributes to eight (8) plus/minus any applicable racial modifiers. Max stat is 18.
Cost to change as follows
- Decrease :: 1 for 1 Gain to be spent only on Physical attributes
- Increase 8 to 16 :: Spend 1 for 2 Gain
- Increase to 17 (from 16) :: Costs 1
- Increase to 18 (from 17) :: Costs 2
- Sunsign/Birthdate: Astrological sign affects all skills and is, therefore, of considerable importance. A player is charged 3 CPs to select any sign, plus an additional 2 CPs for a birthday on the cusp. See bonus info here.
- Height: Players choose one of three height averages: Short ( gain 3 CP),
Average (+0), or Tall ( Spend 3 CP). Generate height normally, except the modifier for Short is 2d6 and Tall is 6d6.
- Frame: Players choose one of: Scant (Gain 4 CP), Light (Gain 2 CP), Medium (+0), Heavy (Spend 2 CP), or Massive (Spend 4 CP).
- Weight: Choices to Height and Frame influence Weight, which in turn modifies Strength and Agility (at no extra cost)…..and not always in a good way!